Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Viral Marketing Magic

Every so often I read about some fantastic program that uses viral replication to promote. The most common is viral marketing.

I love magic and illusions so when I read I could get a list of 1,953,125 people just by signing up 5 people {-- a measly 5 people who wouldn't need any persuasion to see the fantastic potential} who would do the same up to 10 levels deep, I was fascinated.

Imagine -- you sign up 5 people who each sign up only another 5 up to just 10 levels and you have almost 2,000,000 people to market to. What magic.

Now, for each of the 5 people in every one of the 10 levels to also get 1,953,125 people on their list, they would each need to find a different group of five people to sign up.

If only 200 people join this viral marketing program, and achieved their 10 levels, they would have signed up every living soul in the whole USA and then some.

By the time 550 people perform this same magic, every man, woman and child from every nook and cranny of planet earth would be part of the marketing network.

And they'll all become multi-millionaires selling to each other.

So don't wast time folks. Go sign up those five people and build your fortune.

For me, I'll try my chances with the Lotto instead.

Magic -- or illusion. What do you think?

No comments: